John Shepherd Lettings Rent Protection and Legal Expenses Cover
Why protect rents with our Nil Excess Rent Guarantee?
- Unemployment rate is at 8.3% rising to 2.64 million as at December 2011. This is the highest rate since 1994
- Unpaid rent totaled an estimated £300m across the UK in August 2011 up 10.5% from the £251m unpaid in the previous month
- 10.7% of all UK rent was unpaid or late by the end of August 2011- up from the 9% of rent unpaid or late in July 2011
- The number of tenants over two months in arrears increased by 13% in Q2 2011 compared to the same period 2010
- Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) survey stated some 40% of landlords reporting a rise in tenants having difficulty paying during the previous six months
- Only 12% of landlords in the UK currently have legal expenses and rent guarantee insurance
- Let Alliance Rent Guarantee protection available as part of the John Shepherd Lettings Management package
- Legal expenses incurred in gaining vacant possession of the property will be paid by the Insurers
- NIL Excess
- Rent payable until vacant possession
- Covers up to £2,500 rent per month
- £25,000 Legal Expenses in order to obtain vacant possession
- Available for 6 or 12 month tenancies
- £25,000 claim limit
How do I join?
John Shepherd Lettings Rent Guarantee and Legal Cost Protection is available through any branch office. To participate, please contact us and a member of our team will be happy to advise you.
Please contact us for any of the following insurance products:
- Landlord’s buildings & contents insurance
- Tenant’s contents insurance
- Rent Guarantee and Legal Cost Protection
- Commercial property / block of flats